History of Borah

Borah High School is a secondary three-year public school in Boise, Idaho serving students in grades 10, 11, and 12. It is named after William E. Borah, a prominent U.S. Senator for over 32 years and a presidential candidate in 1936.

The school opened in the fall of 1958 and was the second high school in the Boise School District. It was preceded by Boise High School in 1902, and followed by Capital in 1965, and Timberline in 1998.

Borah High's school colors are green and gold, the mascot is the lion, and the school's slogan is "The Lions." The slogan is a play on the nickname of namesake Senator William Borah who was known as the "Lion of Idaho" for his outspoken stance on issues.

The school sits on a sprawling campus, with five permanent buildings, connected by outdoor covered "breezeways." 

Borah High School Basic Facts
Location: 6001 Cassia St, Boise, Idaho
Established: 1958
School District: Boise
Principal: Tim Standlee
Grades: 10-12
Enrollment: 1524 (2015-16 School Year)
Colors: Green and Gold
Athletics: IHSAA Class 5A
Athletic Conference: Southern Idaho (SIC)
Mascot: Lion
Newspaper: The Senator
Yearbook: The Safari
Feeder Schools: South & West Junior High